Ministry At Community
Welcome to Community’s ministry page! This is the place to be if you’re looking to grow in your faith, pick up some skills, and get more involved with other people in our church family. All of the ministries we offer are in categories that vary by age and stage in life. If you’re looking to get involved in any of these ministries check out when they meet, the events page, or contact the coordinator who will help get you plugged in.
Director of Family Ministry
Busy Mom's Bible Study
We know how busy life can be and how finding the time for Bible Study can end up being the last thing on our to-do list. Join us each week for a quick 10 minute podcast as we pray our way through all seasons of motherhood!
Led by Monica Luckwald, Gretchen Davis, & Mandi Lancina
Led by Mandi Lancina
In the Gospel of John, Jesus says to “Love one another.” That is exactly how we want to make our guests, visitors and members feel – LOVED.
All of Jesus’ disciples are called to spread the Gospel, make disciples, and grow the church. However, this can seem a daunting task even for the most experienced Christians. The missional party is Community’s way to demystify outreach and give you practical steps on how to do this in your everyday life.
“Joining Jesus on His Mission” by Greg Finke, is our guide on how to be Everyday Missionaries in our neighborhoods of work, home, school, groups, and wherever we frequent. It has 5 practices that we consider essential to this practice. Here are the 5 practices, along with some other resources to get you going.
The 5 Mission Practices are effective at positioning us to join Jesus on His mission every day:
- Seeking the Kingdom | Look for the good the Father has prepared in advance for me to do.
- Hearing from Jesus | Reading the gospels, what is Jesus giving me to do for the good of others?
- Talking with People | What’s their name? What’s their story? What’s Jesus up to in their life.
- Doing Good | How can I be a way something good happens in their day?
- Ministering through Prayer | Praying for people daily and with people as God gives opportunity.
Missional Party Groups
Missional Parties are the way Community’s family supports each other in outreach. The 5 practices are the way individuals Seek God’s Kingdom in their daily life. However, it is easy to get burnt out, lost, and discouraged doing the missional life alone. That’s why we encourage anyone who is ready for this everyday lifestyle to join others on their mission. We call it a party to reference both a search party seeking the lost…but of prime importance is that life is more fun with others. Missional parties allow you to see what God is doing in other’s lives, mutual encouragement, coaching, and helping you to see what God is doing in your life. During the week, the 5 practices are done, but once a week the missional party regroups to talk and discuss the 5 missional questions.
If you would like to get connected to an existing missional party or start your own, please contact Matt Hire for next steps.
The 5 Questions
- How did you see God at work in your life this week?
- What has God been teaching you in his Word?
- What kind of conversations are you having with your pre-Christian friends?
- What good can you do around here?
- How can we help you in prayer and what do you want us to ask you about next week?
This is a seriously simple way to start bringing the love of Jesus to our friends, family, and neighbors on your own.. It starts by taking a white index card (available for pickup at church) and writing 3-5 names of people that you are not sure if they have a church family. Outlined below is the process of reaching out to them over a period of 6 weeks.
- Week 1: Pray everyday (by name) everyone on your card. Ask that God will help you show them how to love them and be a neighbor.
- Week 2: Week 1 instructions + make contact with everyone on your list to see how they are.
- Week 3: Week 1 instructions + select 1 or 2 that you made a connection with/responded well to your contact and invite them out for coffee/beer/an activity to spend time with them.
- Week 4: Week 1 instructions + Discern who might be ready to talk about spiritual things.
- Week 5: Week 1 instructions + Invite one of them to a church event, a gathering with Christian friends, or worship.
6. Week 6: Go back to step 1 and add more people to your list.
Focusing on growing your marriage can pay huge dividends on the quality of your family life. Dave Ramsey Financial Peace has been offered in the past as money is a top reason for disagreement in a marriage. We strive to serve marriages and help in any way we can and will be offering future classes and ministries on the events page!
If you have any questions please email Matt Hire.
Sunday school happens each week for children in preschool-5th grade. We focus on building relationships with the kids and teaching them the building blocks of the faith including fundamental Bible Stories from both Testaments, the Lord’s Prayer, and the Books of the Bible.
Sunday School is at 10:45am on Sunday Mornings in the Life Center (Room 495).
Confirmation (Sundays at 10:45 am)
Confirmation is a weekly Bible Study for Jr. High Students (6th-8th grade). The class meets in the confirmation room. The students meet to learn more about the doctrine of our church and begin learning how to apply it to their life. This class culminates in “confirming” their faith in front of their church family where they join us in communion for the first time.
(Sundays at 10:45 am)
The Loft Bible Study is for High School Students that would like to dive into God’s Word. Conversation about life and fun, interactive Bible Studies are the norm around here. We genuinely want to build relationships with you and help you build your relationship with God.
Sundays (Returning on March 7th 2021, 6:00-8:00pm)
Every Sunday the 6th through 12th graders gather for shared games, shenanigans, fun, and relationships. We play dodgeball, sardines (reverse hide-and-seek) and other fan-favorites with something new each week. After games are done, we gather to talk: sometimes it’s a bible study, other times its a conversation about what’s going on in life. Generally, one Sunday of the month is an off-campus event like bowling, and another Sunday is a “Chat with Matt and Pastor,” where you can ask anything from how God exists to their favorite show.
Coming soon! If you are interested in leading or hosting a men’s Bible study, please contact Matt Hire.
Not currently active due to Covid-19.
The Women’s Bible Study meets on Thursdays during the school year from 1-2pm to study God’s Word and how it applies to our lives, as well as to support each other with love and prayer.