Dear Fellow members,
I would like to thank all of you for your participation in the Town Hall in the past week. I would like to provide a summary of some of the ideas have been submitted from the meeting.
- A mid-week meal has been suggested to provide an opportunity to invite the preschool parents to have a hot meal and meet with church members. Initially, it would occur once during the upcoming months and potentially after the new year becoming weekly. More details on the plans will be forthcoming.
- It was suggested to provide some new signage out in front of the church, inviting the community to our church. This would include some banners placed on the front lawn.
- Expanding the Care Ministry for our members and others. This would involve reaching out to our members and others, as we are made aware of, to see what their needs are. The areas that have been suggested are:
- Communion Minister – Providing communion to church members that are unable to attend our weekly services due to health or other reasons.
- Card Ministry – Reaching out to members, when they have had a life event occur, to let them know the church is praying and thinking of them.
- Call Ministry – Making a call to members to find out if there are any needs that church could assist them in obtaining and pass along greets from the Pastor and others.
- Funeral visitation – Contacting members when they have had a death in the family. Make sure they know the church is praying for them and finding out if there are any needs.
- Hospital Ministry – Visiting members and others when they are hospitalized. Finding out if they would like to receive communion and praying with them.
- Meal Ministry – Providing a meal to members who are ill or unable to attend church. Letting them know that the church is praying for them.
We are looking for volunteers to work in these areas. Please search your heart and see if any of these ministries are of interest to you. Your participation ensures the success of each of these ministries.
We encourage you to reach out and contact Pastor or the CLC Board members if you have any questions and thoughts regarding these ministries including other ideas you may have. Our mission statement says:
“We bring the Gospel to others and lead them to do the same.”
Let us continue to be the Church that God has asked us to be.
Many Blessings to you,
CLC Board President